Settle in Australia

Do you qualify for a skills or employment visa?

Skilled Visa

Australia's skilled worker visa programme comprises many visa subclasses that cater to various groups of skilled workers. The Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189), which is a points-based visa, is the most popular visa subclass under this programme. To be eligible for this visa, you must normally satisfy the following requirements:

  • Age: At the time of application, you must be under 45 years old.
  • Occupation: You must choose an occupation from the skilled occupation list (SOL) or the regional occupation list (ROL) and have your abilities evaluated by the appropriate assessing authority.
  • Skills evaluation: For your specified occupation, you must have a positive skills assessment from the competent evaluating body.
  • English language proficiency: You must have a minimal level of English language fluency.
  • Points test: You must score a minimum number of points based on factors such as age, English language proficiency, skilled employment experience, education qualifications, and other relevant criteria.
  • Expression of Interest (EOI): You must submit an EOI through the online Skill Select system and receive an invitation to apply for the visa.


It's important to note that eligibility requirements and visa subclasses can change over time, so it's advisable to consult the official website of the Department of Home Affairs in Australia or seek professional advice for the most up-to-date information.


Employment Visa

Individuals who wish to work in Australia have many employment visa alternatives. The particular qualifying criteria vary depending on the type of job visa you seek. Here are some examples of subclasses of employment visas and their general qualifying requirements:

  • Visa for Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) (subclass 482)
  • Visa for Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) visa (subclass 186)
  • Visa for Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) visa (subclass 187)


These are just a few examples, and there are other employment visa options available. It's essential to consult the official website of the Department of Home Affairs in Australia or seek professional advice to determine the specific eligibility requirements for the employment visa subclass that suits your circumstances.

Bringing your parents to Australia?

Bringing your parents to Australia is available via a variety of visa options. The parent visa, which permits parents to remain in Australia permanently, is the most frequent visa type for parents. However, it is crucial to know that the procedure might be complicated and that certain standards must be satisfied. Some visa alternatives for bringing parents to Australia are as follows:


  • Parent Visa (Subclass 103)

This visa permits parents to permanently relocate to Australia. It has a lengthy processing time and a large cash need.


  • Contributory Parent Visa: This visa category has two subclasses:
  • Contributory Parent (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 173)

This visa permits parents to temporarily reside in Australia. It has a faster processing time but a higher application price.

  • Contributory Parent (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 143)

This visa grants permanent residency to parents but has higher application costs compared to Subclass 103.

  • Parent Visa (Subclass 804)

This visa is for parents who are already in Australia on temporary visas and want to transition to permanent residency. It has a long processing time, and certain requirements need to be met.


  • Aged Parent Visa (Subclass 804 or 864)

This visa is for parents who are old enough to qualify for the Australian Age Pension. It grants permanent residency to parents who meet the age requirement and other criteria.


  • Visitor Visa (Subclass 600 or 651)

If your parents wish to visit Australia temporarily, they can apply for a Visitor Visa (Subclass 600) or an eVisitor Visa (Subclass 651). These visas allow for a stay of up to 3, 6, or 12 months, depending on the visa type and individual circumstances.

It's important to consult the official Australian Department of Home Affairs website or seek advice from a registered migration agent to get the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding visa requirements and processes

Do you qualify for a Partner visa?

To be eligible for a partner visa in Australia, you must fulfil the Australian Department of Home Affairs' standards. The partner visa is intended for those who have a genuine and continuing connection with an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or qualified New Zealand citizen. Consider the following crucial points:

Relationship status:

Either being married or in a de facto relationship with your spouse is required. Unless specific exclusions apply, the de facto relationship must have existed for at least 12 months prior to the visa application.


Nature of the relationship:

You must demonstrate that your relationship is real and ongoing. Documentation demonstrating combined money, shared home chores, social activities, and mutual devotion to each other is required.



Your Australian partner must be prepared to sponsor you. Certain conditions must be met by the sponsor, including being an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or qualified New Zealand citizen, as well as satisfying character standards.


Health and character standards:

You and your spouse must fulfil the Department of Home Affairs' health and character requirements. This includes passing medical exams and presenting police clearance documents.

The partner visa application procedure is divided into two sections. You will first apply for a temporary visa (subclass 820/309), and after a specific length of time, you will be able to apply for a permanent visa (subclass 801/100).


It is crucial to remember that the partner visa criteria can be complicated and may vary depending on specific circumstances. For the most current and up-to-date information on the qualifying requirements and application procedure for the partner visa in Australia, please visit the official Australian Department of Home Affairs website or consult with our registered migration agent.

Do you qualify for a business or investor visa?

To obtain a business or investor visa for Australia, there are several options available depending on your specific circumstances and objectives. These visas are designed to encourage business innovation, investment, and economic growth in Australia. Here is an overview of some of the key business and investor visa categories:

  1. Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) Visa (Subclass 888):

    • Business Innovation Stream: This visa is for individuals who have an established business in Australia and are nominated by a state or territory government.
    • Investor Stream: This visa is for individuals who have made a designated investment in Australia for a specific period and are nominated by a state or territory government.
    • Significant Investor Stream: This visa is for individuals who are willing to invest a significant amount of funds in complying investments in Australia.
  2. Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 188):

    • Business Innovation Stream: This visa allows individuals to own and manage a new or existing business in Australia.
    • Investor Stream: This visa is for individuals who want to make a designated investment in an Australian state or territory.
    • Significant Investor Stream: This visa is for individuals who want to invest a significant amount in complying investments in Australia.
    • Premium Investor Stream: This visa is for individuals who are willing to invest a substantial amount in complying premium investments.
  3. Business Talent (Permanent) Visa (Subclass 132):

    • Significant Business History Stream: This visa is for high-calibre business owners or part-owners who want to establish or develop a business in Australia.
    • Venture Capital Entrepreneur Stream: This visa is for individuals who have sourced venture capital funding from a member of the Australian Investment Council.

The specific requirements, eligibility criteria, and application processes for these visas can vary. It is advisable to consult the official Australian Department of Home Affairs website or seek advice from our registered migration agent to obtain the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the business and investor visa options for Australia.


Interglobal Migration Services is a prominent migration firm that assists individuals,
families, and corporations in attaining their migration objectives. We provide
complete relocation services targeted to your individual needs through our team
of skilled and competent registered migration agents(MARA).


Interglobal Migration Services (IMS) has successfully hosted business, skills, and permanent residence renewal seminars in Malaysia, Vietnam, India, Singapore, Hong Kong, South Africa, and China for more than 20 years. We take pleasure in providing
our clients with the finest service possible.


In the previous year alone, thousands of people used IMS to obtain an Australian visa. IMS provides the best immigration advice and support for your Australian visa application.


We work with state governments around the country to get “state sponsorship” for Business – Investor & Skills Visa Applications.


We provide qualified Australian visa and immigration specialists. We can assist
you whether you need an Australian work visa, family sponsorship, an Australian
employer-sponsored visa, a student visa, a partner visa, a parent visa, or a business & investor visa.


Contact us today and see for yourself why IMS assists so many people with a visa to Australia.

visa query form

Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.

Frequently Asked Questions


Are you considering doing business or investment in Australia?

If you are ……..doing business or investment in Australia by using your current business details in your home country… may enable you qualify for a temporary residency business visa into Australia. This visa will turn into Permanent Residency status after you have owned and run a business inside Australia for a period of two years and have met all visa conditions. You do require current business experience to be eligible to apply for a business visa into Australia and a certain number of “qualifying points” is required.

Permanent residency or temporary residency leading to permanent residency.

Business owner temporary residency visas

These visas are for people who own a business in their current home country and can use those business skills to apply for a temporary 4 years business visa that will lead to permanent residency after completing 2 years of business in Australia and meeting other requirements. Applicants must be under 55 years of age, and require state sponsorship.

Business owner permanent residency visas

This is the permanent residency stage for applicants above who have completed at least 2 years in business inside Australia (on their business owner temporary residency visa) and are now ready to apply for permanent residency in Australia. They need to show ownership of an Australian business, have capital investment in that business and have maintained management of that business for the past 2 years. (Please refer to the migration agent for current requirements). This topic is also covered in our seminars.

Investor visa’s (temporary residency)

These temporary resident visas are for applicants who lodge Business Investment Bonds in Australia and reside in Australia without having to run a business. There are two types of investor visas and two different amounts with two different rules applying.(Please refer to the migration agent for current requirements). This topic is also covered in the Seminars.

Temporary Resident Business Visas

Visitor Visa (Business)

These visas are designed for persons wishing to visit Australia for genuine business reasons (and stay up to 3 months at any one time). In certain circumstances these visas may be granted and remain valid for multiple entries for periods of up to 10 years.


Skilled Migration and Employment Migration

The Skilled Migration Program has been put into action to attract employable migrants with relevant qualifications and work experience to fill employment gaps inside Australia.

The focus and speed of processing is through employer sponsored and state sponsored visas, however a range of independent subclasses without sponsorships are also available.

Please note that all skills classes of visas must lodge an “expression of Interest ” first and then be invited to lodge an application.

Subclasses include:

Employer Visas (Temporary Residency and Permanent Residency)

There are temporary or permanent visa options for those who have found an Australian Business willing to employ them in their qualified occupation. The applicants will need to have the required education background and work experience, may require “skills assessing” by the relevant Australian skills body and will need to be of a certain age.

At Interglobal Migration, we work not only with you but with your employer to ensure they have the correct employment contract templates, training plans and understand the requirements to pass the “sponsorship” and “nomination” application stages that will allow them to employ and sponsor you.

If you have been offered employment by an Australian business, contact us with details of this employer and we will then interview them to establish that they meet the requirements.

Skilled Migration

Under current Australian Immigration laws, applicants must ensure they first meet the required skilled migration points based on their age, qualifications, English ability and working history. Applicants then must send to the Australian immigration Department an “Expression of Interest” based on their “points”. This stage is not applying for a skills migration visa.

Applicants must then be “invited” by the Australian Immigration Department to lodge a skills migration application based on their “points”. We can assist with lodgement of an “expression of interest” with certain clients and specialise in lodging visa applications on behalf of clients once they have been “invited” to do so.

The laws and requirements for skills migration are extremely technical and the use of an experienced and specialised registered migration agent is highly recommended.

If you would like to discuss skills migration pathways available please contact us today.


Bringing your Parents to Australia

A summary of the main criteria for the parent visas are as follows:

Parent(s) must be sponsored by a child who is an Australian citizen or permanent resident who is normally resident in Australia for at least the last two years.

If applying in Australia, the parents in most cases need to be of retirement age (65 years for male and 63 years for female). If applying from overseas there is no minimum age requirement for the parent.

The applicant must satisfy the “Balance of Family test”, meaning the number of children who are lawfully and permanent resident in Australia must be:

Greater than or equal to the total number of children who are resident overseas, or
Greater than the greatest number of children who are resident in any single overseas country.
The Australian government has introduced the “contributory” parent visa categories, which requires the payment of a much higher application fee to cover medical expenses, but which are processed much faster than the old parent visa applications, which can currently take a very long time to secure.

For applicants who are able to pay visa charges per person, they will be able to be granted permanent residency fairly speedily. Email our office for the latest fees and waiting time.

Note the contributory fees increases with inflation each year.

There is also the option to pay part of the above fee and obtain a Temporary visa for up to 2 years , at which time the balance of the fee must be paid to obtain Permanent Residency.

Note that the contributory parent visas also requires a $10,000.00 plus, 10 year Assurance of Support bond plus further bonds for dependants on the application.

Start your application now as the queue is long. If you would like to discuss the options available to you, please contact our office and one of our Registered Migration Agents will contact you to advise which options best suit your needs.



In order to be eligible for Partner Migration, you must meet a number of qualifying criteria.

To apply for a De facto or Spouse Visa:

  • You and your partner need to be able show proof of your commitment and exclusive relationship to one another; regardles of being married or not.
  • You will need to show proof that the relationship is genuine and continuing
  • Generally, you both need to be aged 18 or over
  • You must pass health and character criteria

Prospective Marriage Visa

If you intend to marry an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you may be entitled to apply for a prospective marriage visa. Once granted, you then have 9 months to marry and then apply for the Spouse (temporary residency) visa.

Spouse / De-facto (temporary residency or permanent residency) Visa

Once your spouse visa is granted, you will be issued with visa that allows you to stay in Australia for 2 years and you will have full work and study rights during this period. After the two year period, you will be entitled to apply for permanent residence through your relationship provided that your relationship is still genuine and continuing. One of our registered migration agents will advise with detailed information on which course of action would best suit your needs.


Is your Permanent Residency Visa About to Expire?

At Interglobal Migration Services we prepare an individual strategy plan for each holder of an Australian Permanent Residency visa. The purpose of the plan is to show how “Close Personal, Business, Employment or General Ties” inside Australia assist you when it comes time for the renewal of the Permanent Residency visa.

The strategy plan is a detailed document with specific actions to be carried out in each of the 5 years of their current Permanent Residency visa.

Update: The Department of Immigration changed the rules in February 2012. All Permanent Residency Renewal applications that are based upon “Close Ties to Australia” and assessed as favorable will now be given a one year renewal only of their subclass 155 visa. It is now even more important you have a strategy plan in place in order to be assessed as favorable and that your one year Permanent Residency visa is renewed each year (year after year). This should not be seen as problematic, the more renewals, the stronger your ties become.



The process for applying for Australian Citizenship can vary depending on your situation.

  • Citizenship by Immigration to Australia
  • Citizenship by being born in Australia
  • Citizenship by being born overseas to an Australian parent

At Interglobal Migration Services we are happy to guide clients with their citizenship application to the Australian Government. If you require our assistance don’t hesitate to contact us today.


Do you have Health Problems?

Has your visa been refused on medical grounds or do you need advice on whether you are able to pass an Australian immigration medical before you start? We prepare applications for “Health Waivers” for specific subclasses of visas. Note Health Waivers apply to only some classes of visas.



The process for applying for a Graduate Visa can vary depending on your situation. The Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) lets you live, study and work in Australia temporarily after you have finished your studies. This visa has two streams:

  • Graduate Work Stream
  • Post-Study Work Stream

At Interglobal Migration Services we are happy to assist clients with their graduate visa application to the Australian Government.Contact us, if you would like our assistance with applying for a Graduate Visa.


Working Holiday Visas to Australia

The main purpose of this visa is to allow you to have an extended holiday while supplementing your funds with short-term work inside Australia. This visa is for people aged 18 to 30 years of age, who are interested in a working holiday of up to 12 months in Australia. This visa allows you to supplement the cost of your holiday through short-term employment. However, if your primary reason for traveling to Australia is to participate in the work force, you should consider a different visa designed for that purpose.

This working holiday visa will allow you to;


  • Enter Australia within 12 months of granting of the visa
  • Stay up to 12 months
  • Leave and re-enter Australia any number of times while the visa is valid
  • Work in Australia for up to six months with any one employer
  • Study for up to four months.

IMPORTANT. If you work for 3 months in a designated regional area, performing a certain job during your holiday in Australia, you may apply for a further extension of 12 months. (some countries only).





IMS Event & Media

Happy Clients

1000 +

Business Visa

100 +

Investor Visa

100 +

PR Visa

100 +

Skill Visa

500 +

Parents Visa

100 +

Partner Visa

100 +

Tourist Visa

100 +

Covid Visa

100 +

Resident Return Visa

100 +
× How can I help you?